Skip to content
Canon mg2920 Printer Unboxing & Setup
- Unwrap the printer and place it on a flat surface; check the availability of all the printer accessories.
- The printer box contains a canon mx 2920 printer, a software installation CD, Two ink cartridges (Black and color) and a set up manual.
- Remove all the protective packaging materials from in and out of the printer.
- Ensure to close the paper output tray before the cartridge installation.
- Open the cartridge access door and remember not to touch the ink cartridge holder while it is moving.
- Unseal the ink cartridges and install them in their respective slots.
- Install the cartridges firmly until you hear a click sound.
- Connect the printer to the direct power source via power cable given.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer, the green light near the power button flashes for about one minute.
- If the alarm button flashes in orange color make sure to install the cartridges properly.
- Do reach our support for any queries regarding canon mx 2920 printer set up.
Canon mg2920 Connect to Wireless Network
- Before connecting the printer to the wireless network make sure whether your router is available and properly set up.
- Plug in and power on the printer, the green light near the power button will be lit when the printer is on.
- Ensure to connect both the operating system and the printer to the same network connection.
- Press on the wi-fi button ; Make sure that the light near the wi-fi button begins to flash.
- Install the driver software for your printer from the installation CD given. The updated version of driver software can be installed form our website by clicking the link given below.
- Perform the driver installation on your operating system by following the procedure given above.
- Open the driver software and and set the mode of connection as wireless.
- The software searches and displays a list of available printers connected to the network.
- Select your preferred printer and click on next to complete the wireless set up.
- Print an alignment page to check whether the setup is done correctly.
- Do add your printer to the control panel of your operating system and make it as a default printer.
How to scan using canon mg2920 printer?
- Power on the printer and the operating system; Connect them to the same network connection.
- Make sure to install the appropriate scanner software for your printer by clicking the link given below .
- Open the scanner software on your operating system and select the preferred mode of connection.
- Open the scanner bed and place the document to be scanned by facing the printed side downwards.
- On the scanner software page update the scan details and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Make sure to select the format of the scanned copy and the folder it has to be saved and click scan.
- The printer scans the document and sends the copy to the selected folder in a preferred format.
- Do click on the call button given below to reach our help.
Canon mg2920 troubleshoot paper jam issue
- Paper jams leads to many problems in the printer. It affects all the multifunction of the printer like printing, scanning and copying.
- Open the cartridge access door and check if any paper pieces stuck between the cartridge holder.
- Extend the output tray out and check for any paper clogs and remove it immediately.
- Remove all papers from the input tray and check if any paper stuck inside and clear it.
- Ensure not to load more papers in the input tray, this may be the main reason for paper jam issues.
- Check all the paper paths and remove if any paper pieces stuck in it.
- Reach out our technicians for instant support.
Canon mg2920 Printer driver installation
- Power on the printer and the operating system. Ensure to complete the initial set up by following the instructions given above.
- Click on the link given below to download the updated version of the driver software for your printer.
- On the web page displayed enter your printer name , printer model, operating system name , windows version, language and region.
- Click next and select the apt package of driver software and utility tools for your printer and click on download.
- Open the downloaded software and install it on your operating system.
- Do agree the license agreement and set up the language and region.
- Select your preferred mode of connection and click ok.
- If you select wireless connection, ensure to connect both the printer and the operating system to the same wireless router.
- The software detects and displays the list of printers connected to the network, do select the preferred printer and click next to complete the installation.
- If you don’t have an active internet connection you can opt for the USB connection method.
- Ensure to connect the printer and the operating system thorough a USB cable and click next.
- Follow the onscreen instructions displayed yo get done with the installation process.
- Print an alignment page to make sure whether the setup is done correctly.
- For any queries regarding Mx 2920 printer do reach our support.
Canon mg2920 Not connecting to Wi-fi
- Sometimes printer may not get connected to the wi-fi due to weak network connections.
- Check the router connection thoroughly and restart it immediately.
- Restart the printer and the operating system and once again repeat the set up process.
- Ensure to place the printer and the operating system within the connectivity range.
- Change the network connection and router password if necessary and make a try to connect the printer.
- Do opt for the change in the mode of connection and try to solve any loose connections between the printer and the operating system.
- If the issue still continuous click on the call button below and reach our support.
Canon mg2920 Printer not printing
- This issue is caused due to the installation of inappropriate driver software.
- Uninstall the existing driver software make sure to install the updated version from our website.
- Check the ink cartridge levels, if you find them empty make sure to replace them with a new one.
- Check the input tray and load it with enough papers for printing.
- Check if there any loose connections between the printer and operating system and solve it immediately.
- Check whether the printer and the operating system are connected to the same network connection.
- Check if there any blockage like paper jams between the rear tray and the output tray pathway.
- Do reach our technicians for instant help.